Letters to Juliet

By 17:05 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Verona: a magical city in the north-east of Italy that oozes history, culture and offers the typical all-around Italian atmosphere. Here are some pictures of my one-day trip:

Piazza Bra (Verona's main square) at 9 o'clock in the morning


Arena di Verona

This is me and the Arena (I find posing for pictures so awkward...)
Cool market in piazza delle Erbe
This facade is stunning (still the same piazza)  
This man was so talented, I can't even. I love how there are still people in the world that do this kind of stuff!
After exploring for a bit we decided for a bit of sightseeing. First stop: Juliet's balcony. And this is what we saw in the entrance corridor... yep, plasters (or band-aids if you're american)! Millions and millions of plasters and post-it notes and chewing gum (yuck) with messages from people all over the world. Aw, love :) (so cool though!)

Juliet's balcony! 
Next was Castelvecchio, with an awesome view of the river Adige. Thank goodness it was a beautiful  sunny day!


Ponte Pietra (an ancient roman stone bridge) from which I took the pictures I posted above
Ok, so lunch time was coming quickly and my stomach was rumbling loudly which meant... lunch break! We stopped at a Pizzeria and I got to try this calzone: calzone is made with pizza dough, folded on itself and filled up with typical pizza ingredients, such as tomato, mozzarella and basil. Soooo good.

YUM!
The last place we visited was terrazza San Pietro, a kind of balcony on top of a hill that showed Verona in all of its splendour. We stayed here for quite some time just randomly chatting and taking in the beautiful panorama.




So in Dublin I met James Joyce and Oscar Wilde and in Verona I got to see none other than Shakespeare himself! As devoted fangirls we just HAD to take a selfie with him.

Me and my BFF (Will Shakespeare, that is)



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow I didn't know about the plasters wall :)
    Looks amazing!

    Ellie xx
    http://thoughts-of-a-fashion-lover.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah! I was really surprised when I got there, I was like what the hell is this?! Anyways thanks for stopping by :) <3

      Delete
  2. I've given you an award on my blog!!! :) Check the link for more info :D

    http://thoughts-of-a-fashion-lover.blogspot.de/2014/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    xx Ellie

    ReplyDelete