Resolutions!

By 11:28 , , , , ,

First of all: happy new year! (I'm late, I know) After reading so many New Year's resolutions blog posts I decided I had to write one too. I may be weird, but I've never set resolutions for myself when a new year comes along, I mean, why should anything change just because we go from December 31st to January 1st? Surely one can set goals and aims for him/herself in the middle of May as well?
I've never really understood the hype about the New Year, but I might as well be traditional and try the beginning-of-the-year resolutions thing for once!


  • Study: undoubtedly this is at the top of my list. I've got to try and get the best marks possible in order get into the best med residency programmes after uni (hopefully in the UK, Germany or maybe even the US! Who knows)
  • Plant-based diet: I was kind of inspired by the youtuber Niomi Smart, but starting a plant-based diet is something that was in the back of my mind for a long time. I don't want to be too strict with myself in the beginning though, by cutting off meat and dairy entirely, I want it to be very gradual. We'll see how it goes!
  • Try new stuff: be it new food, new music, new activities, visiting new places...
  • Learn German: I am now enrolled in a German course and I can't wait to start!
  • Read: I used to be such a bookworm when I was a kid, but it's been a couple of years that I've been really struggling to read for my own enjoyment. So my goal is to maybe use the wasted time I would be spending on Facebook, Youtube or Instagram to read a chapter or two every day.
  • Play more piano and guitar: same as for the reading, I will try to get an hour or two each week free just for playing music.
  • Improve my running distance: self-explanatory really, but I would like to try a half-marathon (21 km) in the next couple years.
  • Stop procrastinating: my worst habit! (everyone's worst habit probably haha!) So my goal is to make schedules for myself, be more productive and get stuff done.
So here are my goals for 2015! Hopefully I will stick to all of them! The most important aim I have for this year though is to improve myself every day and do more of what makes me happy, be more giving and spending more time with the people I love, be it friends or family.

May 2015 be the best for everyone! :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great resolutions! I would love to learn how to play the guitar or even the piano! I have a guitar, I just can't play it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved yours too! Oh you should really try, I learned to play by myself actually, it's really not that hard xx

    ReplyDelete