Inbetween days

By 14:42 , , , , , , ,

So you know those days when you're feeling so groggy you just want to stay snuggled up in bed, grab your laptop, a bowl of cereal and binge on tv series for the whole day? I certainly do! And my exam session and the coldest weather ever in Milan aren't helping! So what's the cure? (for those who get the pun with the title, 100 points for you) Loud music, a yummy breakfast and a good run.

I kind of have whatever's in the house for breakfast, but these days I like to have two chunks of Weetabix with almond milk, freshly squeezed orange juice and either a banana, a kiwi or an apple. A tip I've learned quite recently is to drink half a litre of water just after you wake up and wait at least 15 minutes before you eat: this way you won't overeat as you're already a little bit full from the water. And water is so good for you anyway!

So on with my run: I decided to go to Parco Lambro which is quite a big park, compared to others in the centre and it is usually quite quiet as it's on the outskirts of Milan. I decided to do a fartlek/sprinting workout instead of my usual long distance run as I was so stunned by the scenery I had to stop one too many times to take pictures!

Now with the good stuff!

The river Lambro in all of its glory 

This reminds me of Hyde Park so much!


So then I was on an endorphin high and I decided to run up a little hill (my thighs wanted to kill me then) but it was worth the view. Since it was such a clear and crisp morning you could actually see all the way to Garibaldi (which is like the "City" of London, for people who don't know Milan!)



The palace on the right is the Regione Lombardia skyscraper, with the Expo sign: Expo starts this May and ends in October




No filter, I promise!



I must say I was absolutely knackered after this run! Thank goodness my grandma had lunch already cooked for when I got home :) I know I said I wanted to become vegan (or at least try): I haven't eaten meat for the whole of January, but now I've decided to eat meat once a week until I'm ready to try again. And by the way... how can anyone resist roast beef?! #yum









My current favourites:

  • Music: the Kooks (actually going to their show in a couple weeks, can't wait!)
  • Book: currently reading Dan Brown's "the Lost Symbol"
  • TV series: obsessed with BBC's "Sherlock"
  • Film: "Driving lessons" with Rupert Grint and Julie Walters
  • Blog: defo Rosie's "the Londoner" http://www.thelondoner.me
  • Food: my pumpkin, onion and cumin soup. I've got to post a recipe soon!
  • Quote: "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford
xxx :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hey, I tagged you in the 'me time' tag. I would have tweeted you, but I can't find your twitter account :) xx http://www.itsjustsofie.com/time-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cool pictures! I also love the Kooks & BBC's Sherlock series! Pretty amazing too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha Benedict Cumberbatch is such a great actor! Oh and if you would like to check it out tomorrow I'm publishing a post about their show I went to! :)
      P.s. I'm loooooving your recipes! I might have to try and make your love scones soon, they looked amazing!
      xxx Laura

      Delete