Albums of the moment

By 12:07 , , , , ,

I kinda wanted to do this post for a while but I thought that merely posting a Spotify playlist would be too boring and anonymous. Since iPods have come out everyone listens to single songs at a time (or playlists) and not to whole albums anymore. On a day to day basis I obviously listen to random songs, but sometimes I love to play an album from beginning to end and listen to the music in the order the artist decided to put it in.

So here are my most listened to albums right now, I guess!

Where the light is - John Mayer




This is probably my most listened to album this month. Right now is the time of the year to spend afternoons playing guitar in the sun. This album is full of guitar, it's live and so damn good. It's hard to find musicians (and particularly guitarists) as good as John Mayer these days: he was praised by Eric Clapton himself and has a Stevie Ray Vaughan tattoo on his shoulder. What's not to love about John Mayer?

My favourites songs in the album are the covers: "Free fallin'" originally by Tom Petty and "Wait until tomorrow" and "Bold as love" by Jimi.

And speaking of "Bold as love"...

Axis: Bold as Love - the Jimi Hendrix Experience



I've kind of gone back to some of my favourite oldies this month. Jimi Hendrix is one of the reasons I started playing electric guitar in the first place (even if his playing is obviously unreachable). This album contains "Little Wing" which is my favourite song ever! This is one of those albums which is unexplainable in words, and you just have to hear it to figure it out.

To listen: "One rainy wish" and "Castles made of sand".

Chaos and the Calm - James Bay



10 out of 10! I've been listening to James Bay's EPs for quite some time and I was really excited for his complete album coming out. Some of the songs were already in the EPs and some are brand new. James Bay has such a cool warm voice, he's so talented and this album is recommendable to everyone as it's sooooo good. (seriously!)

My favourites: "Scars", "Need the sun to break" and "Stealing cars".

Sirens - Gorgon City



The only electronic-y album in the bunch. I remember listening to "Ready for your love" on Spotify and it being in my head for weeks. I never looked for any of their other stuff at the time, but I'm happy I did now because I really really like all of their songs. It's not really a commercial type of sound and I don't really know how to describe it other than "chill" and "cool" haha.

What's the Story Morning Glory? - Oasis



Hands down in my top 10 albums of all time. This came out in 1995 (my year yay!) and it's the 90's absolute best britpop condensed into one cd. This is Noel and Liam Gallagher at their very best, before the whole brother drama surfaced.

Apart from the classics "Wonderwall" and "Don't look back in anger", "Some might say" and "Cast no shadow" are musts.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh thanks for sharing!! now I'll have new music to discover :)

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And yeah, I super recommend these albums, but especially James Bay, I've had it on my runs for like 8 times now and I have yet to get bored.
      By the way, your blog is awesomeee and your pictures just wow.
      I just followed you on Bloglovin'!

      Laura x

      Delete