Eggless, butterless choc chip cookies!

By 12:54 , , , , , ,

I get in this weird mood sometimes where I "just have to do" something. This morning, I just had to bake. Before I opened the fridge I mentally prayed I had all of the ingredients to bake chocolate chip cookies. Answer: no eggs, no butter, no dates (I kinda use them to substitute butter/sugar, squishing them so they form a sticky paste). Also, my brown sugar packet was practically empty. I decided to bake cookies anyways, mentally preparing for a disastrous outcome but amazingly (and I still can't believe it) they turned out all right first time! (tbh they are really really gooood). Here's what I used:

Ingredients (15-20 cookies):
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour (I used chickpea flour, but all flours work fine)
  • 1/4 cup of white sugar
  • 1/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 banana
  • 100 g of chocolate
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp honey
First of all mix up the dry ingredients (white sugar, brown sugar, flour):

Then get your banana and your chocolate:

And cut/mash them up!

Add to the bowl and mix (with a fork, then a spoon, then with your fingers to get it as dough-like as possible):


 Roll the dough in balls:

And squash them into a cookie shape:

 Pop in the oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes:
 

Until they're light brown and crispy:
(my measuring cup is so appropriate): 


DONE :)






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Your cookies look just so appetizing! On my list to make today! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were surprinsigly good haha, wasn't expecting it! Let me know how they turned out if you make them!

      Delete
  2. These look so delicious! I definitely have to try these out, especially as they're so simple to make!

    Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you definitely should try and make them! Even though the batch I made finished in half a day haha ;) x

      Delete